I have the most amazing boys. What I can't seem to wrap my head around is that they are so different. They have the same DNA from their father and I...they were born 13 months apart, and they are complete opposites. Alex is hilarious. He will find a loop hole in every situation. I told him the other night that if he did not brush his teeth, they would all fall out. He looked right at me and said; "Cool! Then the tooth fairy will come!" How do you argue with that logic? All I could do was laugh...which only encourages him to be goofy. Alex is my artistic one. He does not want to do sports, he wants guitar lessons. It is impossible to find an instructor that is willing to teach to a 5 year old. So...we wait and pray. Maybe I will get the lessons at the Silent Auction at TRC on Nov 8th....hmmmmm??
Devin is the eldest of the two. He cracks me up as well. He is the compassionate one of the two brothers. Devin wants to be in the NBA and NFL. He wants me to sign him up for football and basketball this season. He would give you the shirt off his back. Last Sunday, he wanted to bring his wallet to Church so he could give his offering and buy a treat after service. When we got to the counter to order, Devin said he gave his offering, plus gave a dollar each to 3 friends, and his McDonalds gift certificates (10 one dollar coupons) to other kids who "didn't have money to go to McDonalds, mom." What 6 year old thinks like that? Goodness....how many grown people think that way? Try wrestling my Starbucks gift card from my hand on a cold Monday morning....*wink*
There is a point to their differences. They are best friends. They compliment each other. They amaze me. At every moment they surprise and bless me. I looked over at Alex last night as Bibleman was ending...there he was with his little hands folded, eyes squeezed tightly shut, praying for Jesus to come into his heart. No bells or whistles, all on his own accord. If I hadn't looked when I did...I just may have missed it. God is so good!
No comments:
Post a Comment